About HGAR's Leadership Accelerator Program
The Leadership Accelerator Program was developed as a result of HGAR’s Strategic Planning process. A key component of the plan adopted in 2019 is identifying and developing new leaders who will play a vital role in shaping the Association’s future. These leaders are critical for HGAR to remain a dynamic and relevant organization that will best serve our members.
• You are a leader in your personal or professional life.
• You are a good decision maker.
• Preference given if you have demonstrated interest in your REALTOR® Association and/or volunteer experience.
Prerequisite prior to session one: Read 24/7: The First Person You Must Lead Is YOU by Rebecca Halstead (provided upon program acceptance and payment).
The Program runs from Sept. 2021 - June 2022.
Program Sessions are targeted to be scheduled the first or second week of each month.
- Leadership Styles (Ron Phipps, September 2020)
- Putting the Puzzle Pieces Together—HGAR, OneKey MLS, NYSAR and NAR (Richard Haggerty, October 2020)
- Diversity Equity and Inclusion in our Industry (new in 2021)
- Economic Development in the Lower Hudson Valley (Maureen Halahan, December 2020)
- The Role of Leaders in a REALTOR® Association (Adorna Carroll, January 2021)
- Legislative Activism and Leadership in Adversity - The critical role RPAC plays in the Real Estate Industry (Noam Bramson, November 2020 and John Ravitz, February 2021)
- Leadership Panel—Past President’s of HGAR share their experiences (Katheryn DeClerk, Gail Fattizzi, Diane Cummins, Nancy Kennedy, Marcene Hedayati, Barry Kramer, Renee Zurlo, March 2021)
- Build Your Leadership Presence with Public Speaking (Scott Morlock, May 2021)
- Lobby Day
- subject to change in order