Improving Our Communities by Giving Back
Our Mission: As concerned members of the communities we work in, The Hudson Gateway REALTOR® Foundation participates in qualified community-based charities who serve the housing, hunger, health, happiness, and humane needs of citizens everywhere.
The focus of the Foundation's efforts will be in Manhattan, Bronx, Westchester, Putnam, Rockland and Orange Counties.
Established in 2004 and relaunched in 2013, the Foundation has donated thousands of dollars to charities and non-profit organizations throughout the Hudson Valley.
How You Can Help
Get involved! Volunteer for our Hudson Gateway REALTOR® Foundation committee or consider a leadership position on the HG REALTOR® Foundation board of trustees. Committee members work hard to promote the Foundation’s mission, plan events and raise money that is used for grants that ensure the Foundation’s success. Please contact: Foundation@hgar.com and follow us on Facebook. #RealtorsGivingBack.
Apply for a position on our Board of Trustees. Application: HG REALTOR® Foundation board of trustees.
Volunteer Your Time: Consider volunteering your time. Throughout the year we hold Volunteer Days; give us a couple of hours of your time to help out at the local charities in our communities.
Make a Contribution: Your financial support is essential to our success and our ability to support local charities in the communities where we work and live. Unable to attend a Fundraiser (see list below), your donations are welcomed and greatly appreciated.
2020 Planned Fundraising Events*
- August 28-30th HG REALTOR® Foundation Walk/Run Challenge
*Many 2020 Events are currently suspended due to Coronavirus
2020 Past Events
- February 4: Pub Night - Southern Table, Pleasantville
- June 4th Pacific Rim Cooking Class Virtual Fundraising Event
2020 Foundation Volunteer Day
- February 19: Caritas of Port Chester, Port Chester
- March 10: Ronald McDonald House, Valhalla
- April 8: Caritas of Port Chester, Port Chester (to be rescheduled)
- May 20: Food Bank of the Hudson Valley, Conrnwall-on-Hudson
- June: Green Chimneys, Brewster (to be rescheduled)
- June 19: Habitat for Humanity, Newburgh
- July 28th: Twin Lakes Park, Eastchester
- August 14: Food Bank of Hudson Valley
- September 13: Maria Fareri Children's Hospital, Volunteers to help with "Go the Distance Virtual Walk"
The Foundation’s donation recipients include:
|Beverly Carter Foundation (Realtor Safety)||Little Rock||Arkansas|
|Bridge Fund of Westchester||White Plains||Westchester|
|Caritas of Port Chester||Port Chester||Westchester|
|Center for Safety & Change||New City||Rockland|
|Children of Promise Stable||Nanuet||Rockland|
|Community Capital New York||Hawthorne||Westchester/Orange|
|Drug Crisis in Our Backyard, Inc.||Carmel||Putnam|
|Food Bank of the Hudson Valley||Cornwall-on-Hudson||Orange|
|Friends of Karen||North Salem||Westchester|
|Furniture Sharehouse||White Plains||Westchester|
|Habitat for Humanity of Greater Newburgh||Newburgh||Orange|
|Hearts to Home Furnishings, Inc.||Yonkers||Westchester|
|Hi Tor Animal Shelter||Pomona||Rockland|
|Make-A-Wish Hudson Valley||Tarrytown||Westchester/HV|
|Meals on Wheels of Rockland||Nanuet||Rockland|
|My Sister’s Place||White Plains||Westchester|
|People to People||Nanuet||Rockland|
|Ronald McDonald House||Valhalla||Westchester|
|Support Connection||Yorktown Heights||Westchester|
|The Children’s Village||Dobbs Ferry||Westchester|
|United Hospice of Rockland||New City||Rockland|
|Volunteer New York||Tarrytown||Westchester|
|Westchester Medical Center Foundation||Valhalla||Westchester|
2019 Foundation Events
- February 11: Neiman Marcus Project Beauty, White Plains
- March 4: Pub Night - Fortina, Yonkers
- April 4: Runway for Hope Fashion Show, Glen Island Harbour Club, New Rochelle
- May 21: Pub Night - Tequila Grille, Monroe
- July 16: Pub Night - Hudson Water Club, Haverstraw
- September 16: Pub Night - Bull & Barrel, Brewster
- November 6: Pub Night - Mamajuana Cafe, The Bronx
- December 5: Annual Holiday Party