Become a REALTOR® Member of HGAR
When you join HGAR, you become a REALTOR®, a designation that carries weight with consumers. The REALTOR brand is one of the most recognized in the world, because it speaks to the honor and integrity of the professionals who work in our profession.
HGAR is committed to developing the professional lives of each of our REALTOR members, via top-flight education, unparalleled networking, and advocacy on their behalf at the state and national level. When you join HGAR, we are truly at your side.
You can join us as a residential salesperson if your Broker is a member of HGAR. If you're already a member of another REALTOR association, you can join us as a secondary member.
Sensible Dues for Everyone
At HGAR, every REALTOR pays the same annual dues, regardless of whether they're a residential salesperson or the managing broker or designated REALTOR.
Member fees include local ($213), state ($100) and national REALTOR ($150 + $35 NAR Public Image Assessment) dues. All dues are pro-rated based on the month you join HGAR, so you only pay for services received. Dues are billed annually. REALTOR dues are not refundable. HGAR spends 92 percent of local dues on member services.
Get All These Benefits and More at HGAR
Access the MLS
- A true multiple listing service
- Get access to comprehensive and accurate historical data about every building and unit in Manhattan, as well as sold data for every property in MLS back to 1997
- List properties anywhere in the MLS service area — Manhattan, Bronx, Westchester, Putnam, Rockland, Orange, Sullivan, Dutchess, Ulster counties, and beyond
- Ensure fair referrals and business practices with published cooperation and compensation within MLS
- Selectively syndicate listings to all major portals, including Realtor.com, Homes.com, and hundreds of other venues
- Select and share properties with your clients and track your clients’ behavior
- Track the performance of your listings across syndication channels, and report results to your sellers
- Access to Supra lockboxes in HGMLS Market Area
- Choose from more than 130 vendors to power your IDX feed
- Collaborate with consumers using best-of-breed tools — share and favorite listings and track your clients’ activities
- Enhance your exposure via an expanded profile page with your picture, biography, specialties, active and sold properties
- Grow your business as your listings will also be featured on NewYorkMLS.com
- Utilize the HomeSnap app to grow your business
Improve Your Skills with Top Flight Education
- Access hundreds of online and in-person continuing education (CE) courses through the HGAR School of Real Estate.
Take Advantage of REALTOR® Benefits
- Receive free legal advice and help from the New York State Association of REALTORS® (NYSAR) legal hotline
- Get mediation and arbitration through HGAR when you need help (we’ve got your back!)
- Automatic membership in the New York State Association of REALTORS®, as well as the National Association of REALTORS
- Optional secondary membership in any REALTOR association
- Optional subscription to other MLSs in New York State and beyond
- Advance your career and connect with other real estate professionals by joining organizations including the Young Professionals Network (YPN), Women’s Council of REALTORS (WCR), National Association of Gay and Lesbian Real Estate Professionals (NAGLREP) or the National Association of Hispanic Real Estate Professionals (NAHREP)
- Attend local, state and national REALTOR® events
Connect with Your Peers
- Build your network of peers (colleagues) and business partners throughout the HGAR service area via our Realtor member directories
- Participate in volunteer leadership by joining a committee or running for office
- Attend annual Member Appreciation Day, association social functions and conventions
- Attend and participate in our annual Global Summit, Manhattan’s premier event for international real estate
Even More Perks
- Preferential pricing on a myriad of products and services offered by HGAR’s extensive affiliate member network
- Membership in Perks at Work, an abundant online rewards program with access to steeply discounted electronics, automobiles, insurance and consumer products
- Free subscription to Real Estate In-Depth, an award-winning real estate trade journal focused on the business of real estate in the Hudson Valley and Manhattan
Give Back through the Hudson Gateway REALTOR® Foundation
- As concerned members of the communities we work in, The Hudson Gateway REALTOR® Foundation participates in qualified community-based charities who serve the housing, hunger, health, happiness, and humane needs of citizens everywhere, with a focus on the Lower Hudson Valley, (Westchester, Putnam, Orange and Rockland Counties.)
- Established in 2004 and relaunched in 2013, the Foundation has donated thousands of dollars to charities and non-profit organizations throughout the Hudson Valley. Click to learn more about the Foundation, events and charities we have supported.
- We encourage members to participate in fundraisers and to volunteer your time for local charities in the communities you serve.