Managing Broker Membership
Become a REALTOR® Broker
At HGAR, every person pays the same fair price, whether you're the Managing Broker, Designated REALTOR or a Salesperson. Associating your firm with the National Association of REALTORS and the REALTOR brand is a smart move because you can access a wealth of broker-only programming that can help your brokerage grow, limit liability, and enhance your brand.
HGAR is committed to helping brokers succeed.
Member fees include local ($240), state ($120) and national REALTOR ($150 + $45 Public Image Assessment) dues. All dues are pro-rated based on the month you join HGAR, so you only pay for services received. Dues are billed annually. REALTOR dues are not refundable.
Already a REALTOR®?
If you already hold membership in another REALTOR association, you can join HGAR as a Designated REALTOR secondary member. In this case, you’ll only pay local dues to HGAR ($240). MLS fees remain the same, regardless if your company is a primary or secondary member of HGAR.
Answers for Managing Brokers
How do I join? When you join as the managing broker, you become the Designated REALTOR for your company. As the Designated REALTOR, you have special rights and responsibilities for your agents. One of those responsibilities is to maintain 100 percent membership of your entire firm. Please email Jeff Doder, to discuss a Manhattan-only special program.
Who is the Designated REALTOR? The company’s owner, principal broker or managing broker can be the Designated REALTOR. At HGAR, Designated REALTORs, Managing Brokers, Associate Brokers, and Licensed Salespersons, pay the same dues.
Manhattan Brokers: If you’re Broker A at REBNY, you are probably the Designated REALTOR for your company.
Does the membership fee for HGAR include fees to participate in MLS? No. Your brokerage must subscribe to the MLS individually before your agents can subscribe the MLS.
Click for OneKey MLS Participant Application
Big Benefits for Brokers
Access the MLS (with MLS Subscription)
- A true Regional multiple listing service, OneKey® MLS launched in March of 2020 and is serving the greater New York metropolitan area.
- Get access to comprehensive listing data including accurate historical data about every building and unit in Manhattan, as well as sold data for every property in MLS back to 1997
- List properties anywhere in the MLS service area — Manhattan, Bronx, Westchester, Putnam, Rockland, Orange, Sullivan, Queens, Nassau and Suffolk Counties in Long Island, Dutchess, Ulster counties, and beyond
- Ensure fair referrals and business practices with published cooperation and compensation within MLS
- Selectively syndicate listings to all major portals, including Realtor.com, Homes.com, and hundreds of other venues
- Select and share properties with your clients and track your clients’ behavior
- Track the performance of your listings across syndication channels, and report results to your sellers
- Access to Supra lockboxes in the MLS Market Area
- Choose from more than 130 vendors to power your IDX feed
- Collaborate with consumers using best-of-breed tools — share and favorite listings and track your clients’ activities
- Enhance your exposure via an expanded profile page with your picture, biography, specialties, active and sold properties
- Grow Your Business as your Listings will also be featured on OneKeyMLS.com
- Utilize HomeSnap app to grow your business
Improve Your Skills with Top Flight Education
- Access hundreds of online and in-person continuing education (CE) courses through the Hudson Gateway School of Real Estate
Take Advantage of REALTOR® Benefits
- Receive free legal advice and help from the New York State Association of REALTORS® (NYSAR) legal hotline
- Get mediation and arbitration through HGAR when you need help (we’ve got your back!)
- Automatic membership in the New York State Association of REALTORS®, as well as the National Association of REALTORS
- Optional secondary membership in any REALTOR association
- Optional subscription to other MLSs in New York State and beyond
- Advance your career and connect with other real estate professionals by joining organizations including the Young Professionals Network (YPN), Women’s Council of REALTORS (WCR), National Association of Gay and Lesbian Real Estate Professionals (NAGLREP) or the National Association of Hispanic Real Estate Professionals (NAHREP)
- Attend local, state and national REALTOR® events