Why choose HGAR?
Flexible Learning Environment:
- We offer convenient course schedules, in person at one of our 3 locations in White Plains, West Nyack or Goshen, or 24/7 online.
All Instructors are Experts in Their Field:
- Each Real Estate Pre-Licensing and In-House Continuing Education course is presented by New York State Department of State approved instructors. The faculty is selected for their expertise and ability to communicate that expertise in a classroom setting.
- Courses are offered in discounted bundles, or individually at competitive rates. HGAR Members receive a Member Discount.
Continuing Education Requirements
New York Department of State (DOS) Requirements for Continuing Education:
New licensing requirements took effect on July 1, 2021
There is no more “grandfathering”, meaning ALL LICENSEES MUST COMPLY WITH THE CE REQUIREMENTS
All licensees must complete 22.5 hours of CE credit, including:
- 3 hours of fair housing
- 1 hour agency (2 hours if in 1st license cycle)
- 2.5 hours of ethical business practices
- 1 hours of recent legal matters
Click Here for NYS Department of Licensing Services to learn more.
National Association of REALTORS® (NAR) Requirements:
- As a condition of membership in the Hudson Gateway Association of REALTORS®, NAR requires a 2.5 hour Code of NAR ethics every three years. The three year requirement began January 1, 2022 and will end December 31, 2024. Members not in compliance with the mandate will be terminated from the Association. This requirement is separate from licensing. If one’s membership is dropped, they will still have their license.
- HGAR Ethic Courses
Click here for National Association of REALTORS® to learn more.
- NAR and its affiliated Institutes, Societies, and Councils provide a wide range of programs and services that assist members in increasing skills, proficiency, and knowledge. Designations and certifications acknowledging experience and expertise in various real estate sectors are awarded by NAR and each affiliated group upon completion of required courses. Learn more.
- New York State Association of Realtors (NYSAR)
- National Association of Realtors (NAR)
- HGAR online NAR Designation & Certificate Courses
HGAR School Policies
- The Hudson Gateway Association of REALTORS®, School of Real Estate (HGAR) is approved by the New York State Division of Licensing to offer a variety of approved education programs. HGAR is located at One Maple Avenue, White Plains, NY 10605.
- Real Estate Pre-Licensing course and In-house Continuing Education course offerings require pre-registration. Students may register for any HGAR class on our website.
- Each Real Estate Pre-Licensing and In-house continuing education course is presented by New York State Department of State approved instructors. Faculty is selected for their expertise and ability to communicate that expertise in a classroom setting.
- Video and audio recording of HGAR classes is prohibited.
- Holding conversations in and outside the classroom during class time, recruiting for employment opportunities, or distributing listing information or promotional items, can result in expulsion from the class. We reserve the right to expel students from class for what the Education Department deems disruptive or counterproductive behavior.
Inclement Weather Policy:
- In the event of dangerous weather HGAR will attempt to reach class attendees via email to announce changes in class schedules. Students should, however, call HGAR at 914-681-0833; a message will be recorded indicating any changes.
Real Estate licensing, Continuing Education, and non-credit seminar programs can only be cancelled in writing 48 hours before the first class session for a refund. Canceling an in-person class with 48 hours is subject to a $10 cancellation fee. There are no refunds or credits provided for not showing up to a class.
For purchases of HGAR Online Courses only: You have the right to cancel your registration for any reason up to seven (7) business days from the date of purchase. Requests for cancellation of a registration must be made by contacting our school via email. The request must be received by our school before midnight of the seventh calendar day from the date of purchase.
Continuing Education, Live Presentation:
- Attend 90% of the course.
- Sign-in and sign-out at each session.
- Provide a copy of your state license number.
Continuing Education, Online:
- Complete all lessons on the computer including the end of unit quizzes. Most questions are timed and need to be answered within the prescribed time.
- If required, pass any course final examination.
- Complete all course work within 365 days of the enrollment date.
- School Records – HGAR will maintain for a period of 5 years the following information in each student record: the students name, address, state registration number, course title and date of enrollment and completion.
- Access your online course by visiting HGAR's course provider's web site :
Want to earn your real estate license?
Real estate can be a very exciting and rewarding career, learn more about getting started in our Licensing Information section.
In Person and Online course questions can be answered by e-mail to email@example.com