Why choose HGAR?
Flexible Learning Environment:
- We offer convenient course schedules, in person at one of our 3 locations in White Plains, West Nyack or Goshen, or 24/7 online.
All Instructors are Experts in Their Field:
- Each Real Estate Pre-Licensing and In-House Continuing Education course is presented by New York State Department of State approved instructors. The faculty is selected for their expertise and ability to communicate that expertise in a classroom setting.
- Courses are offered in discounted bundles, or individually at competitive rates. HGAR Members receive a Member Discount.
Continuing Education Requirements
New York DOS Requirements for Continuing Education:
- New York State requires 22.5 hours of continuing education every two years, and it must be completed before the license can be renewed. Currently the NYS requires one hour of Agency, two hours of Agency if this is the licensee's first renewal, and three hours of Fair Housing. The required topics can be embedded into longer classes (check the course descriptions).
National Association of REALTORS® (NAR) Requirements:
- As a condition of membership in the Hudson Gateway Association of REALTORS®, NAR requires a 2.5 hour Code of NAR ethics every two years. The two year requirement began January 1, 2019 and will end December 31, 2020. Members not in compliance with the mandate will be terminated from the Association. This requirement is separate from licensing. If one’s membership is dropped, they will still have their license.
Click Here for NYS Department of Licensing Services to learn more.
- NAR and its affiliated Institutes, Societies, and Councils provide a wide range of programs and services that assist members in increasing skills, proficiency, and knowledge. Designations and certifications acknowledging experience and expertise in various real estate sectors are awarded by NAR and each affiliated group upon completion of required courses. Learn more.
- New York State Association of Realtors (NYSAR)
- National Association of Realtors (NAR)
HGAR School Policies
- The Hudson Gateway Association of REALTORS®, School of Real Estate (HGAR) is approved by the New York State Division of Licensing to offer a variety of approved education programs. HGAR is located at One Maple Avenue, White Plains, NY 10605.
- Real Estate Pre-Licensing course and In-house Continuing Education course offerings require pre-registration. Students may register for any HGAR class on our website.
- Each Real Estate Pre-Licensing and In-house continuing education course is presented by New York State Department of State approved instructors. Faculty is selected for their expertise and ability to communicate that expertise in a classroom setting.
Inclement Weather Policy:
In the event of dangerous weather HGAR will attempt to reach class attendees via email to announce changes in class schedules. Students should, however, call HGAR at 914-681-0833; a message will be recorded indicating any changes.
Real Estate licensing, Continuing Education, and non-credit seminar programs can only be cancelled in writing 48 hours before the first class session for a refund. Canceling an in-person class with 48 hours is subject to a $10 cancellation fee. There are no refunds or credits provided for not showing up to a class.
For purchases of HGAR Online Courses only: You have the right to cancel your registration for any reason up to seven (7) business days from the date of purchase. Requests for cancellation of a registration must be made by contacting our school via email. The request must be received by our school before midnight of the seventh calendar day from the date of purchase.
Continuing Education, Live Presentation:
- Attend 90% of the course.
- Sign-in and sign-out at each session.
- Provide a copy of your state license number.
Continuing Education, Online:
- Complete all lessons on the computer including the end of unit quizzes. Most questions are timed and need to be answered within the prescribed time.
- If required, pass any course final examination.
- Complete all course work within 365 days of the enrollment date.
- School Records – HGAR will maintain for a period of 5 years the following information in each student record: the students name, address, state registration number, course title and date of enrollment and completion.
- Access your online course by visiting HGAR's course provider's web site:
Want to earn your real estate license?
Real estate can be a very exciting and rewarding career, learn more about getting started in our Licensing Information section.
In Person and Online course questions can be answered by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org, HGAR, Director of Professional Development and Industry Relations.