Availability & Pricing
- Available Tickets
- No Charge
- Friday Feb 05, 2021
- 8:30AM - 12:00PM
LocationZoom Event Meeting
Recognizing that diversity, inclusion, equality, and equity are fundamental growth drivers across all businesses and organizations, the Business Council of Westchester will hold an important half-day conference for businesses and organizations of all types featuring speakers and experts covering best practices, resources and guidance on issues related to diversity and inclusion.
Featured Keynote Speaker: Alphonso David, President of the Human Rights Campaign, will be the event’s keynote speaker. He previously served as Deputy Secretary and Counsel for Civil Rights for Governor Andrew Cuomo.
Westchester County Executive, George Latimer, will be one of five different Westchester leaders representing five different sectors — government, not-for-profit, education, health care, and construction — who will share their success strategies on bringing diversity into their workplaces and supplier chains. Others include:
- Focus on Not-For-Profits - Maria Imperial, Executive Director of the YWCA of White Plains, will discuss best practices.
- Focus on Education - Dr. Belinda Miles, President of Westchester Community College, will describe best practices in education.
- Focus on Health Care - Mecca (Santana) Mitchell, Senior Vice President Diversity, Inclusion and Community Engagement, Westchester Medical Center Health Network will focus on how to create a diverse environment in the health care space.
- Focus on Construction - Liz Duncan-Gilmour Esq, Executive Director and General Counsel, Minority Business Development Institute, will focus on how to build the capacity of diverse businesses in the field.
- Focus on Transgender and Non-Binary Identities - Raina Nelson, Workplace Equality Program Manager, Human Rights Campaign.
- Lessons Learned from Corporate America - Moderated by Josephine Bertrams, SVP and Chief Corporate Affairs Officer at Heineken USA and will feature Camille Y. Bragg, Vice President, Supplier Diversity Manager, KeyBank; Ramcess Jean-Louis, VP, Global Head, Diversity, Equity & Inclusion @Verizon Media; speakers from Mastercard, Starbucks and more.
- Applying Diversity Best Practices for Small and Mid-Size Companies - Moderated by Wiley Harrison, President, Business of Your Business, LLC and will feature Eon Nichols, Partner, Cuddy & Feder LLP; Maria Trusa, CEO, Forme Medical Center and Urgent Care; Peter Herrero, President, NY Hospitality Group and Jennifer Flowers, Founder and CEO, Accreditation Guru.
- Diversity and Inclusion in Practice-The Resources - Moderated by Taryn Duffy, Vice President, Corporate Communications and Public Affairs, Empire City Casino by MGM Resorts and will feature Wendy Wollner, CEO and President, Balancing Life’s Issues; Sujata Chaudhry, Founder and CEO, Tangible Development; John Kelly, Human Resources Consultant and Business Development Officer, Pinnacle Human Resources, LLC and Darcel Dillard-Suite, President, Full Circle Health.
- Supplier Diversity Opportunities - Moderated by April Horton, Director, External Affairs & Government Affairs, Verizon and will feature Martha Lopez, Director, MWBE Program and Immigrant Affairs, Westchester County; Michael Jones-Bay, Director, Corporate Social Responsibility Department and speakers from MTA, Empire City Casino by MGM Resorts and others providing opportunity for BCW members and non-members to gain information and access to minority-owned resources, vendors, and suppliers.
The Driving Diversity and Inclusion conference is the latest initiative from the BCW as part of their organization’s ongoing anti-racism agenda.