The U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) acquires thousands of homes every year through foreclosure on properties that had Federal Housing Administration (FHA) insured mortgages. This course explains the processes and procedures involved in listing and selling HUD homes, including how the properties are awarded to individual brokers for listing, how brokers and agents are compensated for these sales, and how they are listed and marketed.
Course highlights include:
- Overview of increased commission opportunities
- Explanation of FHA financing, and the FHA foreclosure process
- A summary of the roles created through HUD’s Management and Marketing III program, and details regarding the duties associated with each role
- A description of the documents involved in the sale of a HUD home
- Rules outlining the advertisement of HUD homes
- Details about the HUD home bidding process