Creating Global Business Opportunities
HGAR’s Global Council provides our members the tools and resources to connect globally with real estate professionals throughout the world.
We offer a collaborative system of information and networking opportunities that creates an international bridge for doing real estate business throughout the world. We believe “Global is Local and Local is Global.”
The Global Business Council offers monthly educational and networking opportunities to expand the reach of business for HGAR members. The Global Business Council works with the Economic Development Agencies and other public and private sector entities to assist in expansion of investment into our market area.
The The National Association of REALTORS® (NAR) provides information, education, and connections you need to thrive in the growing field of international real estate. NAR works to make the global real estate market accessible, profitable, and ethical for REALTORS®. Click Here for Resources available through NAR for Members interested in building their International/Global business.
The National Association of Realtors (NAR) coordinates a sharing and networking alliance with real estate entities across the globe.
Global Ambassador Program: Through NAR, HGAR has a formal relationship with the real estate professionals in Portugal, working with UCI and APEMIP.The Global Business Council oversees our Ambassador relationship with Portugal.
2020 Global Educational Offerings:
Developing Your International Business, 3 CE Credits (Dorothy Botsoe, Instructor)
This course addresses business opportunities both Internationally and locally. How to research the Country you want to do business in. How to make the right connections. WHAT are the right connections. How to nurture these connections into great partnerships . "Global is Local and Local is Global"
- Jan. 21 - HGAR West Nyack
- Feb. 19 - HGAR White Plains
More Classes will be scheduled in 2020.
CIPS Designation Classes at HGAR, 7.5 CE Credits (Linda Lugo Instructor) - Click for 2020 Flyer of Classes being held at HGAR office locations
The Certified International Property Specialist (CIPS) designation is for REALTORS® from the United States and abroad, as well as association staff and volunteer leaders who wish to develop or grow their international real estate business. It will provide you with the knowledge, research, network, and tools to globalize your business.
To Learn More about CIPS CLICK HERE
- Local Markets 5/12 -14 from 9:30 am - 12:30 via Zoom
- Global Real Estate-Local Markets 6/10 (HGAR)
- Europe & International Real Estate 7/15 (HGAR)
- Asia/Pacific & International Real Estate 8/6 (HGAR)
- Transaction Tools, 9/14/20 (HGAR)
- Americas , 11/6/20 (HGAR)
Global Business Chats:
- April 20, 2020, PAUL DAEMEN, MSc., CCIM, CIPS, CRS, Faculty Member at National Association of REALTORS® will discuss living and working in Nicaragua
- April 9, 2020 UCI "Live Chats" Richard Haggerty, HGAR CEO Guest of UCI Portugal on the Multiple Listing Service
- February 3, 2020 Global Business Chat: UCI Portugal,
Click Here for a Recording of the Global Business Chat (start at minute 22.48)
- Click Here for PDF of Global Chat Presentation
Conference and Expos
- September 23, 2020: The Annual Global Real Estate Summit NYC at the New York Marriott Marquis.
Save the Date, Sponsorship Opportunities are available. Email: Cathleen Stack for Details
- October 2021 Trade Mission to Portugal (NEW DATE)
All HGAR offices will be closed until further notice.
We are still available to assist you.