We want our HGAR members to get involved — lobbying for homeowners, planning exciting events, and taking part in charitable fundraising. As a member, this is where you can shape the future of real estate education, spread the word about HGAR benefits, and explore cultural diversity opportunities. You’re sure to find something that interests you.
The Communications Council coordinates communications programs for both members and the general public. It oversees these committees:
- Broker-Owner/Manager Committee: Presents educational and informational programs customized for broker/owners and managers of member firms. Meetings are held a few times a year. You must be a broker/owner or manager to serve on this committee.
- Member Perks Committee: Arranges for discounted products and services, as well as group purchasing for HGAR members. Meetings are held every other month.
- Member Experience Committee: This committee’s goal is to improve communications among HGAR Members. It now includes Member Outreach. Meetings are held quarterly.
- Recognition Committee: Selects the HGAR Realtor and Affiliate of the Year, plus other awards such as the Extra Mile, Spirit Award and Legislative Advocacy Award. This committee also recommends the NYSAR Realtor of the Year candidates. Meetings are held a few times a year.
Assists in determining policy for HGAR’s School of Real Estate, identifies new courses and establishes evaluation procedures for the delivery of licensing, continuing education and general education classes. It also assists in developing policy for hiring and training the faculty and maintains an active role with DOS regulations regarding real estate education. Meetings are held a few times a year.
Fair Housing & Cultural Diversity Committee
Develops programs to assist members with fair housing complaints, and creates opportunities for cultural diversity in the organization. It also supervises equal opportunity outreach from Realtors to the general public. Meetings are held a few times a year.
Hudson Gateway Realtor Foundation Committee
Helps manage the Hudson Gateway Foundation, which makes charitable contributions to Hudson Valley non-profit organizations. It also plans the annual Foundation Gala. Meetings are held a few times a year. There are two committees:
- Program Committee: Reviews Grant Applications
- Fundraising Committee: Manages Events and Fundraising Efforts
Advocates for legislation and regulations to benefit Realtors and homeowners and lobbies against measures that could harm Realtors and homeowners. It maintains a dialogue between HGAR and the local and regional political communities. Meetings are held a few times a year.
- RPAC Committee: The Realtor Political Action Committee supports and protects the interest of real estate professionals and consumers by helping to elect candidates who understand our business interests and our concerns. This committee plans RPAC fundraising events. Meetings are held a few times a year.
Professional Standards Council
Resolves business and ethical disputes between Realtors, and with customers and clients. Special training is required to serve on this council and its committees.
- Grievance Committee: Processes complaints and disputes.
- Panelists: Members are on call for ethics and arbitration hearings.
- Mediators and Ombudsmen: Help resolve disputes without formal hearings.
If you’re interested in serving on any of these committees, contact Mary Prenon, HGAR Director of Communications, at (914) 681-6044 or email email@example.com.
Women’s Council of Realtors
The WCR is a network empowering women to exercise their potentials as entrepreneurs and industry leaders. The Empire Westchester Chapter serves our area and offer a series of events throughout the year. Learn more.
Young Professionals Network
YPN was established by the National Association of Realtors to help younger or newer Realtors build a stronger link with the real estate industry. There’s no age restriction and anyone is welcome to join this dynamic group of career-minded real estate professionals for networking, education and social events. YPN’s motto is “Young in Age, Young in the Business, or Young at Heart.” Learn more about YPN, or get in touch with Chirag Shah, HGAR’s YPN president to find out how you can get involved in our local chapter.