In a race, you don't finish unless you cross the finish line. A real estate transaction can be similar. All the hard work, the showings, the negotiations, the contracts, and the communications are all part of the race. The final step, finish line, comes at the closing. The signing of all the documents and transferring of ownership from one person to another comes at the finish line.
Course highlights include:
- Details that will help you protect ownership rights and understand liens, encumbrances, and title insurance
- A list of the four basic rights of owning and possessing property and explanations of how these rights impact property owners
- Characteristics of a valid deed, and descriptions of grant deeds, warranty deeds, quitclaim deeds, tax deeds, gift deeds, and deeds in lieu of foreclosure
- Items included on a full title report, an ownership and encumbrance property report, a legal and vesting report, and a land title report
- Details about items covered by the lender's title insurance policy and those covered by the borrower's policy
- An explanation of the contents of the HUD-1 Settlement Statement
All HGAR offices will be closed until further notice.
We are still available to assist you.